Choosing locally handmade desserts like cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, chocolate candies, and cake pops just to name a few… allows your guests the freedom to choose from an assortment of flavors that suit their pallets. A lot of heart and hard work goes into a locally handmade dessert product that is often times made free from artificial preservatives and waxes using fresh local ingredients as small local dessert vendors are not mass producing their treats in a factory setting.
Here are some reasons to consider shopping at your local small business when planning for your wedding!
• For every $100 you spend at a locally owned businesses, $68 stays in the community. When you spend that
same $100 at a national chain, only $43 stays in the community.
• You help create and sustain jobs in your local community
• Shopping local helps the environment as locally owned business conserve energy because they use less fuel
and packaging supplies.
• Local business owners get to know YOU, and you get to know them and together create a stronger
• Those sales tax dollars that your local business has to charge you get reinvested back into the community
• You get more freedom to customize and choose based on the business taking the time to get to know what
you like and want as businesses carry products typical to the market around them.
• Take advantage of your local businesses expertise as often times they are your friends, neighbors,
acquaintances, or direct referrals from others and have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you and are
passionate about what they do.
Where to find great local businesses to work with? Ask your friends, family ,and co-workers or find a local vendor database, social media, or ask your favorite dessert business if they cater weddings!